The Kingsley Covered Bridge (also called the Mill River Bridge) is a wooden covered bridge carrying East Street across the Mill River in Clarendon, Vermont. Built about 1870, it is the town’s only surviving 19th-century covered bridge. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Cont
Built by Nichols Powers: Nicholas Powers was born on August 30, 1817 in Pittsford, Vermont. He lived in Ira for a period of time and spent his final days in Clarendon.
The Kingsley Grist Mill complex is located southeast of the junction of Gorge and East Roads, a short way southeast of the Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport. Roughly 3 acres (1.2 ha) in size, it includes a c. 1778 house, 1885 horse barn, and a mill complex, most of whose elements date to the 1880s. The district also includes the foundational remnants of a second mill and the mill dam, a timber crib dam whose main structure was washed away by flooding in 1927. An old alignment of the main road connecting Clarendon to Shrewsbury is also believed to pass through the property (now serving as its main drive). Cont