Friends of the North Clarendon Chapel are residents of the area who wish to preserve the Chapel listed as a State Historic Structure for it’s State and local significance.
The building is currently unused and in disrepair and Clarendon Heritage is working in collaboration with the Preservation Trust of Vermont to restore it.
Friends of the North Clarendon Chapel are currently working on a fundraiser hoping to bring it to a usable stage for a needed community meeting house. The estimated cost is $40,000. If you wish to support the effort, visit our support area.
Built in 1871, the North Clarendon Chapel was last purchased in 1943 by the Trustees of the North Clarendon Chapel and Community Center*. It is listed in the State Historic Structure.
This Vernacular country church serves as a local landmark in the village of North Clarendon.
Three-bay, front gabled facade, center entrance. Round-headed windows outlined with colored glass. Small steeple set on the ridge near the facade gabled with shingled, battered base, open shingled belfry, a polygonal spire with sheet metal cladding, ball finial.
To join the Friends of the North Clarendon Chapel, contact:
Marg Southard (802) 775-3920