Built in 1871, the North Clarendon Chapel was last purchased in 1943 by the Trustees of the North Clarendon Chapel and Community Center*. It is listed in the State Historic Registry and now also eligible for the National Registry.
This Vernacular country church serves as a local landmark in the village of North Clarendon.
Three-bay, front gabled facade, center entrance. Round-headed windows outlined with colored glass. Small steeple set on the ridge near the facade gabled with shingled, battered base, open shingled belfry, a polygonal spire with sheet metal cladding, ball finial.
This chapel is in disrepair and being evaluated for restoration and use. Read about activities.
Clarendon Heritage is assisting Friends of the North Clarendon Chapel to find Grants for restoration. The wish of the organization is to use it again as a Community Center for North Clarendon.
According to State Historical Records, the chapel was built in 1871.